A Crafter's Crazy Life

This blog is dedicated to all things crafty. I recently started an Etsy shop and I am definitely getting an education on selling online, promoting and just how creative minds and hands can be. So this blog is a little about the thrills and frustrations as I take this journey and some extremely cool things that I find along the way. Wish me luck!



Friday, August 30, 2013

Fabric Bracelet Tutorial






These fabric bracelets are too absolutely cute for words and the writer of this blog really does make it seem super easy...so I tried it myself!  These are actually really easy to do and I loved the way that these bracelets came out.  I used scrap material at first and used multiple things for the "core" of the bracelet. 

I tried cord - which gave a very flexible bracelet but not as cute as these ones pictured.  (These are NOT the bracelets I made by the way...these are the bracelets pictured for the tutorial, hers looks way better than mines.)  My second effort was using those thin metal bracelets that you can get from places like Claire's where you can get 10-12 in a set.  I actually purchased some off Ebay.  These actually made a great core for the bracelets but you have to have fairly small hands to fit it into the bracelet once the fabric is added.  I then tried these plastic/paper bracelets that I found in a clearance bin at Walgreen's.  Again, these made a great core for the bracelets but I had the same issue with these fitting over my hand and onto my wrist.  I would like to try blank wooden bangles and use either paper or fabric to cover them, but I just haven't found any real cost effective options to sample with.

Once I find the perfect combination for me...I will definitely post pictures of those!

The tutorial can be found here == > Mary Janes and Galoshes Fabric Bracelet Tutorial

I hope you find it as easy and awesome as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment