A Crafter's Crazy Life

This blog is dedicated to all things crafty. I recently started an Etsy shop and I am definitely getting an education on selling online, promoting and just how creative minds and hands can be. So this blog is a little about the thrills and frustrations as I take this journey and some extremely cool things that I find along the way. Wish me luck!



Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Peruvian Woven Earring/Pendant Tutorial



I've always seen earrings like this and have wanted to make them but by just looking at them, it seems so complicated. I came across this tutorial one day while kind of browsing earring making tutorials hoping to find something new and interesting and happily I found this step by step tutorial on how to make these fabulous woven earrings/pendants.


I haven't tried this yet, but I do have an order for the frames. The tutorial tells you how to make them but my wire wrapping skills are pretty hilarious (horrible) so FMG sells the frames for these...and the teardrop shaped ones are on sale right now! Score! It's like $1.00 for 10 frames. I already have the embroidery thread because at one time I thought I would try my hand at doing some hand sewing of felt which never really went anywere beyond a weird square thing that looked like...a weird pink square with yellow thread badly sewn.


This pretty informative step by step tutorial can be found here:




The frame can be found here:




I'll be sure to post some pictures if my attempts don't come out to horribly.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for this, I was looking for a tutorial for peruvian woven earrings for ages and it's a great tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're totally welcome. I am still waiting for my drops to come in so I can make my first one but if you make one, send me a picture and I'll post it to the blog. I can't wait to make my first!

    ReplyDelete